Looking to buy a new cart bag? Don’t buy one before taking a few things into consideration. To being with, are you sure you aren’t going to regret buying a heavy bag? What if you decide that you want to start walking more to get some exercise? And remember, you are still going to have to carry your bag from your car to your golf cart. You don’t want an unnecessarily heavy golf bag if a lighter, smaller stand bag will do the trick. If you think you might prefer a stand bag, check out this article on the best stand bags for walkers.
Also, think about all of the times you have wanted to set your golf bag down. You won’t be able to do that as much with a cart bag, as it might not stand upright very easily. One bag fall on a hard surface and you can surely do some damage to your expensive golf clubs.
So, with that being said, who should buy a cart bag?
- someone that is going to ride EVERY TIME they play: If you think you might prefer to walk with your bag at any point, just get a stand bag. They will still carry all of your things, assuming you don’t take every single golf related item with you
- someone that wants to keep a cleaner car: I have a stand bag, and my car is an absolute mess because of it. I keep extra towels, balls, clubs, accessories, etc in my car. Why? Because I don’t want to be carrying all of those things around every time I play! If I had a cart bag, I could keep everything in there no problem.
- someone that likes being prepared: if you are someone that would much rather be overpacked instead of under-packed, cart bags are great for you. You can keep extra clothes, towels, rain gear, balls, etc in a cart bag. You won’t be able to do the same with a smaller stand bag with less storage.
- most seniors: not trying to call you out, seniors. It’s just that most senior love their cart bags, and for good reason. Most seniors won’t be walking any rounds, so cart bags are perfect for them. If they do decide to walk, they can always though their cart bag on to a push cart.
Like all golf equipment, cart bags range from cheap to super expensive. Depending on your budget, I think that we can find the best cart bag for you today! I do get a small commission for each purchase you make on eBay (where all of the links will take you), just to let you know. So I appreciate everything that you buy using my links!
The Best Cheap Cart Bag: TaylorMade TM 5.0 Cart Golf Bag
If you want to spend the least amount of money possible, this TaylorMade TM 5.o Cart Bag is for you. It will carry everything that you need, and it comes in pretty decent designs.My favorite color scheme would have to be the black/white one. I really like the black/white/red one as well!
A huge factor when buying a golf bag is how well the pockets and zippers are made. One bad zipper will cause a lot of problems if they happen to break. Trust me, I would know. One of my pockets of my golf bag just broke. Things fall out all the time, and it is a huge hassel to get it fixed.
I wouldn’t recommend a bag any cheaper than this one. Once you get into the cheap brands and the off-brands, you will run into equipment that is simply not worth buying. It will surely fall apart pretty quickly, forcing you to buy a better bag in the end. You might as well buy a decent golf cart bag from the get-go, in my opinion. Therefore, the bag is the lowest bag I would recommend.
I kinda wish that there was another small pocket where the handle in on the front of the bag, but that’s just me. The handle will definitely come in handy, it’s just that it looks a little weird and bottom heavy.
- Designs/Colors: 6 different color designs. My personal favorite it black/white and black/white/red.
- Weight: The lightest of all of the other bags. 4.9 Pounds.
- Dividers: 14 way dividers. Almost all the same size. They don’t go all the way down.
- Storage: 7 pockets total, with 2 large ones on the side (typical).
- Ease of Handling: One large strap to carry. One large handle on top, one handle on the front of the bag. and one handle on the bottom for getting it out of the care safely.
- Price: Lowest priced cart bag that I would ever recommend
- Cons: Kinda weird, bottom heavy design
- Extras: Velour (whatever that means) lined valuables pocket, water bottle pouch, umbrella holder, rain hood
- Unique Features (Something Other Bags Don’t Have): Way cheaper than other bags
If you are going for the cheapest, decent quality bag that you can buy, this TaylorMade 5.0 Cart Bag is the one that you should get.
The Best Value Golf Cart Bag: Callaway Golf 2018 Org 14 Cart Bag
If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, the Callaway 2018 Org14 Golf Cart Bag seems to be the one. It is priced a little more than I would normally pick for a piece of best value golf equipment, but it is definitely worth it. The designs are incredible, and I absolutely love the layout of the pockets. I feel like everything is where it should be in an ideal golf cart bag.
Coming in at only 5.6 pounds, this is one of the biggest surprises that I have ever seen. Some carry bags end up being only a pound less! Please, check out the bullet list below about the unique features. There are so many to list!
Most of the premium golf cart bags have 14 club dividers for each club, with this bag being no exception. It’s got multiple “valuables” pockets, which is lacking is most cart bags for some reason. I’m also a big fan of the heavy duty handle on the front of the bag, as well as the two handles on the top of the bag.
It has two very large pockets on the side to ensure that you have more than enough storage. The reviews on Amazon have been incredible, with only a few ratings less than 5 stars. Surprisingly, there are no 1-2 star reviews, which is almost unheard of nowadays.
Be sure to check out the Unique features section in the bulleted list below. This bag has a lot of them!
- Designs/Colors: 7 different options (5 of which look good in my opinion). Big fan of the all black bag and the red, white, & blue bag.
- Weight: Only 5.6 Pounds!!
- Dividers: 14 dividers for every club. One slightly larger one in case you want to fit in some extras or just make your putter more easily reachable. Dividers go all the way down (super rare, super convenient)
- Storage: Roughly one bajillion pockets. Definitely above average on storage. Unless you want to fit a medium sized child in the bag, you should be good.
- Ease of Handling: One long strap to carry. Two sturdy handles on the top.
- Price: a little above average, but worth every penny!
- Cons: not all pockets are easily reachable when the bag is strapped into a cart
- Extras: 2 valuables pockets, two pen/sharpie holders, rain hood, one long strap to carry, towel ring, umbrella elastic divider, spots for tees, velcro strap for gloves
- Unique Features (Something Other Bags Don’t Have): Magnetic range finder holder; two insulated beverage pockets with draining spots that actually work; some small magnetic closures instead of zippers; bottle opener (what?!?); dividers that go all the way down (oh my gosh I need this bag); stands up easily; super light!
If you are looking for a fairly priced bag with a perfect layout and great designs, this is 100% the cart bag for you.
The Best Overall Cart Bag: Sun Mountain 2018 C-130 Golf Cart Bag
Some golfers want the best of the best. I am the same way. Only difference is: you can afford it 🙂
If you can afford the cream of the crop golf bags, then the Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag is for you. It appears that this bag is perfect in every single way that I can think of. It’s got the absolute best designs of any bag I have ever seen. It has more storage then you will ever need. And it only weighs 7 pounds, although it looks so much bigger with all of the storage space.
The red, white, and blue golf bag is my absolute dream golf bag. When I retire, I am going to be looking for a bag just like it. It’ll be able to carry everything that you would ever want in your golf bag. I’m also a big fan of the standard black option.
If you are a little uneasy about spending this much money on a bag, rest assured that this bag is so high quality that it will surely last your entire life. Buying one high quality bag is much better than buying one crappy bag and needing to upgrade after a year of wear and tear.
- Designs/Colors: Top Notch. Red/White/Blue bag is to die for. Camo bag is also very popular (not my thing personally).
- Weight: 7 Pounds. About average for premium cart bags.
- Dividers: 14 club dividers for all of your clubs. Larger pockets for your driver and putter.
- Storage: too much if anything. Could be difficult to fit another bag on a cart if you fill the pockets completely!
- Ease of Handling: Three large, sturdy handles on the top of the bag. Another one at the very bottom of the bag to help you get it out of your car. One long shoulder strap to help carry to the cart.
- Price: on the pricey side. That’s what you get for having elegant tastes!
- Extras: Smart Smart Strap system to ensure your bag doesn’t fall from the cart; integrated putter well; reverse orientation so that you can reach your preferred club easier; all pockets face forward (easy to access); umbrella pocket; towel ring; rain cover (as expected)
- Unique Feature (Something That Most Bags Don’t Have): cooler pocket for keeping drinks cool; water resistant pocket
Due to the best designs and pocket layout, the Sun Mountain C-130 Golf Cart Bag is the best overall cart bag in my opinion.